Can I Afford Counseling?
The greatest barrier we have found to starting counseling is cost. Everyone wants to know, “CAN I AFFORD COUNSELING?” and “HOW SOON CAN I START?”
The answer is simple: YES, everyone can afford counseling—and we will get you in as soon as possible!
Turning Point has multiple ways you can pay for counseling, and we’ve adopted a unique model to ensure no one is turned away because they can’t afford it:
- Reduced-fee sliding scale based on household income:
- We have an amazing community that donates funds to make counseling affordable for all who reach out. Counseling can be really expensive, however, due to our generous donors, business partners, church partners, and local foundations, your rates can be discounted based on your household income.
- We are paneled with multiple insurance providers that have mental health counseling benefits. If you aren’t sure if you have coverage, simply call into our office with your information, and we will work with you to find the most affordable option.
- Here is a list of our current insurance panels. Don’t worry if you don’t see yours; give us a call and we will walk you through your options!
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Anthem EAP
- Optum / UMR
- Optum EAP
- New Avenues EAP
- Signature Care
- EAP: Employee Assistance Programs
- Your company might have an EAP that allows you some counseling benefits. If you aren’t sure, contact your HR director and they will let you know what services or options are available to you! Don’t miss out on these great benefits that can help get your counseling started.
Standard Rate: $150
Self-Pay Sliding Scale
This discounted scale was made possible by many generous donors willing to sponsor sessions and make mental/behavioral health services more affordable for clients in this area. TPI is grateful for their support, which enables us to offer these prices:
*This program is designed to provide discounted care to those who are uninsured or underinsured
*Payment is expected at time of service
|Annual Household Income||Rate|
|$0 – $30,000||$50 / Session|
|$30,001 – $40,000||$60 / Session|
|$40,001 – $50,000||$70 / Session|
|$50,001 – $60,000||$80 / Session|
|$60,001 – $70,000||$90 / Session|
|$70,001 – $80,000||$100 / Session|
|$80,001 – $100,000||$110 / Session|
|$100,001 – $130,000||$130 / Session|
|$130,001+||$150 / Session|
|No Show or Late Cancellation Fee||$50|
Thank You to Our Dedicated Sponsors:
We are grateful for our many supporters and donors. They allow us to offer a cost-friendly service that rivals the cheapest in the state as we seek to give all who desire services the opportunity to obtain them. This service wouldn’t be possible without these people, who have committed to supporting our cause.