Our DivorceCare groups help people in separation and divorce find tools, teaching, and support to deal with their pain and find hope for the future.
Most people will say separation and divorce are some of their most painful and stressful experiences. It’s a confusing time, causing isolation and a lot of questions about issues you’ve never encountered before.
- North Webster Church of God (302 N Main Street, North Webster, IN)
- September 15, 2020 (6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.)
- $15.00 to cover participant workbook. Scholarships are available for participants unable to cover this cost.
- email@example.com or call Turning Point Counseling Center at 574-834-1393.
DivorceCare groups meet weekly to help you face these challenges and start rebuilding your life. This 13-week Christ-centered program includes three main parts—video, group discussion, and personal Bible study. The videos feature teaching from more than 50 leading Christian counselors, teachers, and pastors who speak on important topics relating to separation and divorce. The videos also contain real-life stories of people who found the path to healing.
During discussion time, the group will talk about the concepts presented in the videos and share with each other. Each participant will receive a workbook that contains a daily Bible study for personal reflection and application throughout the following week.
The DivorceCare sessions address divorce-related concerns, such as “How long is this pain going to last?” “Will I survive?” “Are my feelings normal?” and “Where is God in all this?” You’ll gain insight on how to handle tough emotions such as anger, depression and loneliness.
Other DivorceCare session topics:
- What to do about sexual temptation
- How to get out of debt
- What the Bible says about the situation
- How to know when you are ready for a new relationship
- How to lessen the impact of divorce on children